Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I read another post reply about how to put a key back into place but my laptop (G42-415DX Notebook) is nothing like the one that was showed in the answer. I need to know how to put a key back on for this model.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Step1

Gather all the pieces of the key. Most of the time when a key pops off from laptop, it comes off in 3 separate pieces: the key pad, the frame and a small piece that fits into the frame.

Step2

Place the frame flat and slip the small square middle piece into the slots on the sides of the frame. Slide the middle piece in diagonally so you have a frame with the middle piece pointing up in the middle of the frame. The middle piece has an "O" in the middle.

Step3

Put the frame on the keyboard in the space where the key popped out. Slide the piece in gently to avoid damaging the laptop's keyboard. There are tiny clips to hold the frame in place. Pop the frame into the clip. Do not press down hard.

Step4

Slide the tabs of the key pad into the slots on the frame. Start with the inside and then press the other side down.

||
//Click on Kudos if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

||-If my answer solved the problem please mark the topic as the accepted solution-||
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.