Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy TS 15 j127tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to clarify a few things about IRST: Intel Rapid Storage Technology and Intel Rapid Start Technology.

I am following the discussion here, already a closed thread, so I have to start a new one, so I can ask my questions.

I managed to follow the procedure as outlined by SALIMAC, then I noticed that at the end, there were 2 IRST software. At the beginning of the post, it is Intel Rapid Storage Technology, and I have made that work. As I am completing the steps, I found that I am not able to install the 2nd IRST software: Intel Rapid Start Technology. There could be a mismatch or non-compliance in my system, as the installer threw an error like this: 'your system does not meet the requirements...'

Searching in the web, I found some articles that Intel Rapid Storage may still be applicable even in newer systems, while Intel Rapid Start may not be, especially for Windows 10 + SSD sets. Is that correct?

Mine is using the 750GB 5400PRM HDD, so I am keen to make both IRST software work. I am on Windows 10, 16GB of RAM. the mSATA SSD I have is 32GB, so I have used 18.6GB, the minimum amount allowed for Rapid Storage to work.

Rapid Start requires that the size should match with the RAM, so does that mean that I can only use 8GB, so I can set my partition to 8192, and that should work?

Lastly, as I am planning to keep Rapid Storage enabled, and get a 64GB mSATA, so I can make full use of the 16GB RAM, is it still applicable if I upgrade my HDD to a Seagate Firecuda 2TB SSHD later on? That will be 2TB SSHD, 16GB RAM and 64GB mSATA SSD for both Rapid Storage and Rapid Start. If yes, what should be the size allocation in the mSATA SSD? 16GB (size=16384) for Rapid Start and the rest for Rapid Storage?

Do let me know. Will be waiting. Thank you!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.