Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy x360 2 in 1 ryzen 5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a new Envy x360 2 in 1 laptop . When I flip it over and have it in tablet format and in tablet mode I can't see anyway to wake it up without flipping back and using the finger print sensor on the keyboard ?

Any ideas ?

111 REPLIES 111
HP Recommended

@unclebuck25 Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support and we appreciate your patience.

That said, Ideally, you should be able to wake it up by pushing the power button, if not, the fingerprint sensor is the only other way of doing this, I hope you understand.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've been having the same issue on the same model. Power button and fingerprint sensor are both non responsive when the laptop is in tablet mode. Have searched up and down through Windows power settings and can't find anything that would change if keyboard will wake up the PC when in sleep mode. Which is strange, as I'm almost positive I remember seeing it on previous versions of Windows 10.

HP Recommended

@danthemfman Have you been able to use the other features previously on the same laptop, before the windows 10 was updated? please elaborate.

Also, did you attempt a system restore to an earlier date that it had been working, to check if that helps? if not, please do: click here for steps.

Keep us posted with the results.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Its a brand new laptop so no idea whether os version has been an impact !. I just know when keyboard flipped over in tablet mode keyboard is disabled , only works when back in pc mode

HP Recommended

I have the same problem, quite annoying as I am otherwise really happy with the device.

I have kind of a solution though not ideal, I have set a blank screensaver and set laptop to never sleep (or a long time) so at least the screen goes off to save battery, can then 'wake' the system by touching the screen. Obviously this isn't really a replacement for being able to wake from sleep but at least it saves a bit of battery by having the screen black.

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue with my brand new Envy x360, although it is even more inconvenient because both the fingerprint scanner, and the power button are on the keyboard, so when it's in tablet mode and it goes to sleep,  you can't wake it up without flipping it to get it to wake up, and then back. It's putting extra strain on the hinges which I don't like

HP Recommended

@831Envyuser I assume you have volume button and power button on side of keyboard/laptop?

Have you tried briefly pressing one or both to see if that wakes the screen?

Ideally, The screen wakes up if I touch it or if I press volume down button.  In power options- change advanced options -there is a setting for the power button. It can be configured to Sleep,Do Nothing,Hibernate and Turn off display. I set it to Turn off Display and tested it. That also works to turn screen on.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi. There are no buttons on the sides at all, power, volume, and fingerprint reader are all keys on the keyboard, so there doesn't seem to be a way to wake without first flipping back to laptop mode (to activate the keyboard keys so that they can be pressed)

HP Recommended

I think what would be needed would be sure way of having touch on the screen wake the device. Maybe that's not possible though

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.