Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

What model do you have? It isn't work on my Envy 15" with AMD 4700...

HP Recommended

Thank You @Khaispaceng,

But this wont work in Envy model.

HP Recommended

My one is late 2020 SPECTRE x360 14 with intel 11th gen i5. Using it less than 2 months yet. Got this issue also when I am using it in tablet posture. Tried many ways or buttons but it will not wake up.

Engaged with customer care, technical team, my question was clear: whether there is a way to wake up this laptop in tablet posture without turning it back into laptop posture. They said there is a way but could not tell me the way. Just give me answer of previous model and ask me to keep update Windows 10 or driver through setting. Until now I am still waiting their email reply. Read on many forums, not only HP, Dell or Lenovo got similar issue also. Some with long touch of power button, some with fingerprint sensor to wake up.

Yesterday I tried my luck again with the fingerprint sensor, it just woke up in lock screen, then just sign in with ways you like. Tried few times and it works. So, I guess through these Windows 10 update, HP or Windows takes fingerprint sensor as the answer to wake up 2 in 1 in tablet mode. Maybe other model will need to wait software update.

I am still dealing with HP technical team. Want to know if they really designed a dedicated way to wake up these kind of laptops in tablet posture. They seem hard to understand my question and took long time... I will keep posted here if I got answer. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Yes, Me too been working with these technicians and finally they broke my motherboard. I had to replace it. Finally the technician said they dont have solution for this. They messed up my system. My system was not even more tan 3 months.

Hope they still investigate and find a solution thru BIOS/windows updates.

Hope for the best.

HP Recommended

Same problem here, thought I was crazy, because how could there be not any way to wake the device in its tablet mode. A mode most users specifically buy this laptop for. I think the only solution is to return it, because of this stupid design flaw

HP Recommended

I have the same issue here - and only just discovered it!

Not an ideal situation.

HP Recommended

Here is the latest update. HP sent a technician and look on my laptop on site. They are surprised the way provided was not worked. They also realized the power button is on the base. Not only customer service did not understand my question, it is ridiculous that I have provided them the model number but they don't even know their own products and specs. Only they spot it on site then only know my question and model. They said they need to go back and study with engineer.

Few days after they called me again amit that there is no way to wake it up. THEY DID NOT DESIGN IT AND DID NOT AWARE OF THIS SITUATION. So there is no solution so far. They will come out with a solution soon. Genius designer.

Anyway I found out that my finger print sensor is still usable to wake it up in tablet mode. So before they really come out a solution, I still have the workaround.

HP Recommended

stiil waiting for a solution

HP Recommended

I will repeat what worked for me:

1. Go to Settings.   Choose Talk to Cortana. Turn 'Hey Corona' on.  Turn on 'Use Cortana even when my device is locked'.

2. Saying 'Hey Cortana' will wake screen and this command will show the pin screen for unlocking the screen:

"show pin login screen"   Click in the pin box and type. 
HP Recommended

So I have patiently been waiting for the 2021 model and guess what: same keyboard/power-button/fingerprint-reader design!

I hope the product designers have managed to reconfigure the keyboard-sleep behavior, otherwise it's just a slap in the face of all users giving critical feedback here and I will finally have to switch brands.

It's one thing to make a mistake once (even though this one is already incredible the first time) but repeating it would not be a mistake anymore but pure ignorance paired with inability.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.