Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 13 (437 Views)

Hp Envy 17 Left Hinge is Broke.

Product Name: HP Envy 17
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have looked several places on how to get this fixed, yet I am also seeing that HP will send a replacement for free. This has become such a nuisance. I have taken metaciously care of my laptop and to have this happen is unacceptable. It has nearly broke all of the plastic slits on the left side. Will someone please help me? Thanks

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 13 (436 Views)

Re: Hp Envy 17 Left Hinge is Broke.

@HPENVY_17

‎Thank you for using HP Support Forum. I have brought your issue to the appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with the Forum's private messaging please click here to learn more.

Thank you,
Omar

I Work for HP
Honor Student
Message 3 of 13 (411 Views)

What is the expected wait time that someone will even reply?

Tutor
Message 4 of 13 (374 Views)

Hi There, I'm having the same issue with HP Envy 17 laptop. Heard the plastic cracking this morning and after a close inspection later in the afternoon realised the hinge is not holding up onto the plastic. Then did a google search and came across the forums, seems to be a common issue with these laptops. There should have been a recall.

Anyhow, is posting here is best way to seek support? Is there anything else I can do?

Thank you.

Message 5 of 13 (357 Views)

@AzeemButt

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
Message 6 of 13 (333 Views)

Jeff messaged me and asked for product serial number and other details. He'll pass the information on to his colleagues and someone will get back to me.

Tutor
Message 7 of 13 (325 Views)

Got an email from Laurie, Case Manager yesterday stating that, they are unable to reach me and call her. Replied back with my contact number just to make sure there is no mistake. This morning Laurie emails again saying couldn't reach me and call her instead.

I always have my phone with me. No one called, no missed call, no voice mail, no caller unable to reach text message.

Not sure what is going on.

Tutor
Message 8 of 13 (313 Views)

After a couple of email saying they couldn't reach me, I asked what actaully happens when you try to call? Then I got a reply they can't dial out of the US. Should have told upfront.

Tutor
Message 9 of 13 (302 Views)

Received an email from Laurie with a link to HP Australia support and was advised I need to contact them. Well, did they not realise at the start that I'm in Australia when I provided all the information about myself and my laptop?

Later I got a private message that my request was redirected to the wrong department to begin with. Now the mistake has been rectified and someone will contact me from the right department.

It's the 7th day today since the "Support" process started and it didn't get anywhere. I'm impressed.

Honor Student
Message 10 of 13 (293 Views)

Honestly, I think, it's a crock. Someone will call you after you get an email, send all info, and then you'll get a phone call. I've have yet to speak with anyone and calling back doesn't help. You're definitely right, there should have been a recall, but I think this is just way for HP to get more money out of you if you past the factory warranty.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation