Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

NOT ABLE TO USE WEBCAM IN WINDOWS 7

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@ROHIT645,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Support Community,

What is the product number of your HP notebook? Use this link to find it:  https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03754824  (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Have you checked if the webcam is listed in the Device Manager?

Could you please respond to this post with the details so that I can provide you with accurate steps which should help you resolve this issue.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i have checked but there is no webcam in device Manager. please give me a solution . how can my use webcam in windows 7 also.

HP Recommended

@ROHIT645,

In this scenario, you may follow the steps suggested in this support document for - HP Notebook, Touch, and AiO PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 7)

Let me know how it goes for further assistance!

Thank you 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello sir in Windows 10 I was using my laptop's webcam but as I install windows 7 I am unable to use it. There is not webcam in device manager . Please help me.

HP Recommended

@ROHIT645,

HP does not recommend downgrading of Windows for the same reason that the drivers for certain parts may not be available on HP support website. 

In this scenario, I would personally suggest you revert back to the original Operating system that was shipped with the PC using the recovery media or you may check with 3rd party driver installation service to find the appropriate driver.

Please ensure you have followed the steps suggested in the previous post. 

If the issue still persists, I would recommend you contact our HP support team for further assistance. 

HP support team can be reached on wwwhp.com/contacthp

I'm sure they should be able to go ahead and address your issue.

Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help you.

Thank you and have a wonderful week ahead 😊

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.