cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shikhak
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

I bought a new laptop 3 days back . It is core i 3 and 10th gen windows 10. It is working very slow.

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my system is working very slow . Whatever i am opening it is taking much time to open . Wht can i do. It is core i3 with windows 10 , 10th gen laptop

1 REPLY 1
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
23,664 23,622 1,076 1,115
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@shikhak

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

The many signs of an infected laptop include:

• Programs opening and closing by themselves
  • Blue screen of death notifications
  • Overworked hard drive filled with suspicious files
  • Increased amount of pop-ups
  • Sudden slowdown

Quick fix: Run virus and malware scans to find and remove anything suspicious.

1. Uninstall unnecessary apps and programs

Just because you’re not actively using an outdated app doesn’t mean it’s still not hanging around. Get control of your storage space by deleting unused applications that take up space.

To do this successfully:

• Click the “Start” button from your desktop.
  • Select “Apps.”
  • Then select “Apps and Features.”
  • Sort by size to see which programs are eating up the most space.
  • Get rid of any you don’t use by selecting the program and clicking “Uninstall.”

2. Use the Disk Cleanup Tool

This handy utility comes standard in Windows 10 PCs and is a one-click solution to deleting unnecessary operating system files. Windows can recognize these for you and remove the ones it no longer needs.

• Launch the Disk Cleanup by asking Cortana or selecting it from your search box.
  • Choose “Drive: C” to perform the task, which will take several minutes to complete - or longer if it’s your first time.

Note: Disk Cleanup Tool is not the same as the Disk Defragment Tool. While both are essential for optimum performance, the second tool helps manage important files without creating more room on your hard drive. Be sure to schedule both tasks for the best results.

Related articles:

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation