Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp Pavilion 14
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So this all started when I first got this laptop a few weeks ago. This is my first time with an hp laptop but not with windows 10. I play a couple of games on this laptop, many of which require 'WASD' controls (using W to move up, A to move right, etc), as well as moving the mouse at the same time to move the screen. However, for whatever reason, I can't hold down a key and move the mouse from the trackpad at the same time (it works just fine when using an external mouse). I tried to go into my settings, but I could not access the majority of the mouse settings, and when going into 'additional settings' I can't access many parts of that, either (note that when I contacted windows about this, they tried multiple times to direct me to a part of the settings that I genuinely didn't have. They tried getting me to update my driver, which I did, but didn't solve the problem. They said to contact hp).

Oh also FYI my laptop is up to date, no I didn't have this problem with my last laptop (it was a Lenovo make), yes the problem does exist outside of the game(s), and no I'm not like an 80-year-old and just missing the setting (although I am kind of blind so maybe?).

Anyways, tl;dr is that I can't access the majority of my mouse settings, wanting to be able to type and move the mouse at the same time.

moosesquiddrago_0-1589816135422.pngmoosesquiddrago_1-1589816168865.png

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@moosesquiddrago

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, As you've performed relevant troubleshooting steps and still unable to resolve the mouse issue.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.