Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I cannot connect to a brother printer despite downloading and running the printer driver

Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Tried downloading printer drivers and uploading but when I follow the instructions and plug the printer in it does not recognise it

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 2
Level 2
26 26 1 2
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I cannot connect to a brother printer despite downloading and running the printer driver

Hello there,

Before you could progress further, please verify if the printer supports win 10 or not.

After which, please go to device manager and check if there is an exclamation mark next to the printer.

If yes, this means there is a trouble with the driver.

If no, this means the drivers are installed on the computer.

Uninstall the drivers, and add a printer from control panel.

And further, after the printer is added, please right click on the device and choose update driver software.

This should work after a restart 🙂 

I'm an HP Employee.The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.
Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you.Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking an answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

Regards,
Vamshi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi - the printer is a multi-function Brother MFC-7360 and when I plug it in it is recognised as a Composite USB Device - any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
3 3 1 1
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Does not work - an old video for windows vista and xp - windows 10 navigation does not allow any of this to happen - Brother website no longer lools like this - there appears to be no uninstall toll anywhere and windows 10 has no clues as to how to uninstall printer drivers. Guess the answer would have been ok several years ago

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Tried all this and more - it says successfully installed - only when I print do I get an error

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

And please stop sending me awards for having lots of problems - it's hardly a great bit of feedback that no one can help and so I have to keep writing

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation