Dravesh_ojha Top Student
Top Student
7 4 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have forget my administrator password how can I reset it?

I am not able to login in Windows 10 in HP laptop 15-N 019TU I have forget my administrator password.
3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
4038 3787 304 581
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Dravesh_ojha,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you have forgotten the administrator password on your HP Pavilion 15-n019tu Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR) PC. I would be happy to help you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

I recommend that you follow the steps from this Post by my colleague @EmeraldAvenger.

If you are using a Microsoft Account:

To reset your password:

• Click this link: Reset your password.

• Choose the reason you need your password reset, then click Next.

• Enter the email address you used when you made your Microsoft account. This could be any email address, or an email ending in a Microsoft domain like hotmail.com or outlook.com.

• Enter the characters you see on the screen

• Click Next.

• If you've added security info to your account, we'll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you gave us. After you enter that code on the next screen, you'll be able to make a new password.

Source: When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account.

When you get back into your Notebook, please follow these steps to set up your pin again:

• In Windows, search for and open Settings.

• Click Accounts.

• Click Sign-in options.

• Under PIN on the Requires sign-in page, click Add.

• Type your local account password and click OK.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to set up a PIN, and then click OK.

• Use your new PIN to log in to your device.

If you ever forget your PIN, click I forgot my PIN and type in your password to repeat these steps.

Source: Managing User Accounts and Logins (Windows 10)

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. Good Luck! :)

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Dravesh_ojha Top Student
Top Student
7 4 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

On clicking add pin it is asking for current user password which is an administrator account and I have reached till here by login through picture password. I don't have alternate user except guest account.
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
4038 3787 304 581
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Dravesh_ojha,

Thanks for getting back to me.

If these solutions did not help resolve the problem, please contact Microsoft.

Microsoft Corporation/Customer service

1 (800) 642-7676

Please let me know the results. :)

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation