Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I'm afraid that if I take my ex wifes account email off of MY computer, it will delete everything I have on here. When I bought this I had her set everything up. As far as account info, wallpaper, etc. Not knowing that she used her personal outlook to set everything up. Please help me. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@VColeman 

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

What you are asking is best asked of someone you know -- and who can look at your computer with you.

Asking strangers to determine how your computer accounts are configured might -- or might not -- produce the results you expect.

General Information ---

If you have admin access to the computer, perhaps back up the ex's account (as a precaution).

If the ex does not have an actual account on the computer, the choice is likely simpler -- simply having an email address assigned to a mail client (like Outlook) is easy to remove from Outlook and / or (for example) the Windows Mail app.

Make sure you can sign into the computer using your own Microsoft account or your own local account.

You must have an account of the type "Administrator".

What?

Unless you are five years old and under the control of your parents, "User" accounts are practically useless in the real world.

If you don't have an account on the computer, create one!

After the account is created, Edit the account and change the account type to administrator.

5 ways to create and add a new user in Windows 11 

If you are using your ex-wife's Microsoft account to log into the computer,

then - Sure -- if you delete the controlling login account email you might effectively lock yourself out of the computer.

That is why it is essential that you have your own account that is type administrator.

Poof!  To make it very much less fun, we can't help you if you lock yourself out for any reason.

What?  We cannot provide any information that breaches system security -- Rules and all that.

Wall paper, backgrounds, and the like -- If sync is switched on -- affect the same account on other devices.

Unless you are using the same account, your background, wall paper, sign-in, and other personal options are not likely impacted by removing someone else's separate account.

Added Perspective

Ask the Windows / Microsoft Community:  Microsoft Community

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.