Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
SN# [edited]
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey, I have a 4 GB ddr4 ram and I want to buy an 8GB ram Will that improve my laptops' performance?

My laptop has Core i3 6006U processor and Intel HD graphics 520

My product ID is 00327-30016-38089-AAOEM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes, you can upgrade the RAM. There are two slots, so you can add a 4GB stick of DDR4 2133Mhz RAM

You can get from your preferred brand such as Crucial, Samsung...

On page 50 of service manual you can see the steps to upgrade the RAM:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05493257

It will most likely increase the performance some.

What you could also upgrade which would give a noticeable performance boost is the hard drive, You could replace the mechanical hard drive in your notebook with a 2.5" SATA3 SSD such as the 2.5" Samsung 860 Evo or similar.

On page 53 of the service manual, you can see how to replace the drive.

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes, you can upgrade the RAM. There are two slots, so you can add a 4GB stick of DDR4 2133Mhz RAM

You can get from your preferred brand such as Crucial, Samsung...

On page 50 of service manual you can see the steps to upgrade the RAM:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05493257

It will most likely increase the performance some.

What you could also upgrade which would give a noticeable performance boost is the hard drive, You could replace the mechanical hard drive in your notebook with a 2.5" SATA3 SSD such as the 2.5" Samsung 860 Evo or similar.

On page 53 of the service manual, you can see how to replace the drive.

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

HP Recommended

Okay thanks alot. Oh I also want to ask can I replace the core i3 with a core i5 processor without any complications

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.