Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop - 15t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to transfer my ownership to my cousin living in another country. It's a new laptop just brought during Thanksgiving in United States. 

How do I transfer my ownership? Is there any procedure or HP website links to do that.

I have reached out to HP support and the support person over the phone seemed he's quite unaware of the topic. 😞

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

So what help do you need from the Community?

HP Recommended

I want the procedure to do it ( transfer my ownership)or any HP website links that would help to do so. I have tried to contact support and I felt like the person doesn't have enough info on this topic.

HP Recommended

The warranty follows the hardware so whoever is in possession of the laptop within the warranty period can send it in. HP does not keep a registry of ownership like a land title office. On models purchased in the USA there may or may not be warranty coverage available outside the USA and it may have to be shipped back to the USA for service. Depends on if that model was sold in that specific country. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.