Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
pat-tok Top Student
Top Student
3 0 1
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would need smc.bin for my probook 6560b

probook 6560b
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

gave my laptop hp6560b to my daugther. She entered a bioss password administrator but lost it. I would need to remove it now. 

I read that it can be done with smc.bin. 

Would it be possible to provide me with the appropriate file. If yes I will send you serial number and uuid of the laptop.

Looking forward to your support.

Best regards

Pat51

6 REPLIES
Dean Dean
Dean
7972 634 2846
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey,

Thank you for posting in the official HP Support forum. Welcome!

Although this is the official HP forum, you do not speak to HP directly here. Forum is public, full of users and volunteers.

For the BIOS password and BIOS secirity settings reset on your model, please contact HP Business support

Here is how >> http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

>> http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/business-support.html

HP Business support should be able to send you a customised SMC.bin file and instructions which you can use  to reset the password.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you face any difficulties.

**** Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say THANKS or show appreciation
**** Mark this post as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION if it helps **** Thanks !

I am not employed by HP Inc. **** I express personal opinion only. **** HP Expert **** I work in IT and cyber security
0 Kudos
pat-tok Top Student
Top Student
3 0 1
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately after chat connection, as I am located in Japan the HP support expert decided to connect me with Japan support  but was allocated to Australia. The expert asked me to connect Japan English language option. I tried several times but failed. I cannot communicate in Japanese.

0 Kudos
Dean Dean
Dean
7972 634 2846
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Where you bought the PC from ? Where do you usually live ? Australia ?

The support you will get is via email so if you speak English, this is important and also where the PC is purchased from.

**** Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say THANKS or show appreciation

I am not employed by HP Inc. **** I express personal opinion only. **** HP Expert **** I work in IT and cyber security
0 Kudos
pat-tok Top Student
Top Student
3 0 1
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. I followed your advise . I had chat contact with support for Japan. They replied that i should visit HP center. I did but they replied they cannot provide the smc.bin. Since other web hp contacts do not accept to manage cases for HP bougth in Japan I don t see any solution to get the file.

Dean Dean
Dean
7972 634 2846
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@pat-tok wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I followed your advise . I had chat contact with support for Japan. They replied that i should visit HP center. I did but they replied they cannot provide the smc.bin. Since other web hp contacts do not accept to manage cases for HP bougth in Japan I don t see any solution to get the file.

You are welcome ! :)

Well, I cannot comment on local HP policies but personally I find this strange.

Unless you have some specific issue, this can be addressed via email with the SMC.bin file.

I asked for your case to be checked internally. You might be contacted here in private in the following days.

0 Kudos
Retired Omar-E
Retired
10015 119 416
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Pat-tok 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation