Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi, I recently dropped my HP G62-b13SA and now I receive the ''No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key'' Error message.

When I run the Hard Disk Test from BIOS I receive Hard Disk not Exist Hard Disk Test Failed and Bood Device not found (3F0) Error messages. I can also hear a clicking noise when the pc is running.

I searched on the web and found that if I reseat the HDD it may help. I am worried about doing this however as my laptop is still under Warranty. Would opening up my laptop and reseating the HDD cancel my warranty? 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,
Welcome to the HP Forum! 🙂

@Slaad wrote:

Hi, I recently dropped my HP G62-b13SA and now I receive the ''No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key'' Error message.

When I run the Hard Disk Test from BIOS I receive Hard Disk not Exist Hard Disk Test Failed and Bood Device not found (3F0) Error messages. I can also hear a clicking noise when the pc is running.

I searched on the web and found that if I reseat the HDD it may help. I am worried about doing this however as my laptop is still under Warranty. Would opening up my laptop and reseating the HDD cancel my warranty? 

Thanks!

NO. It will not violate your warranty. If you are getting an error of that sort for the reason your stated, it might be best to buy another hard disk. Use the recovery media that you should have created to recover your notebook to factory image state.

Kind regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,
Welcome to the HP Forum! 🙂

@Slaad wrote:

Thanks!

NO. It will not violate your warranty. If you are getting an error of that sort for the reason your stated, it might be best to buy another hard disk. Use the recovery media that you should have created to recover your notebook to factory image state.

Kind regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Wouldn't my warranty cover a replacement Hard Drive?

HP Recommended

After having been brutally honest and admitting that it was your fault... maybe and maybe not.
It is certainly worth contacting HP and asking. I know that I taught my Kid to be honest and I respect honesty. Sometimes being brutally honest with yourself can hurt you. That is a sad truism. :Crying:

regards,
erico

HP Recommended
I am having a very similar issue. My HP ProBook 455 G3 has the same exact error and I read that one way was to check and see if a disc is damaged or scratched inside the drive. I am not sure whether or not this will void my warranty. Attached is an image of my hard drive.
IMG_1642.JPG
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.