Slaad Top Student
Top Student
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

If I reseat my HDD do I void the warranty?

Hi, I recently dropped my HP G62-b13SA and now I receive the ''No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key'' Error message.

When I run the Hard Disk Test from BIOS I receive Hard Disk not Exist Hard Disk Test Failed and Bood Device not found (3F0) Error messages. I can also hear a clicking noise when the pc is running.

I searched on the web and found that if I reseat the HDD it may help. I am worried about doing this however as my laptop is still under Warranty. Would opening up my laptop and reseating the HDD cancel my warranty? 

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Provost Provost
Provost
46149 40411 4373 11188
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,
Welcome to the HP Forum! :)

@Slaad wrote:

Hi, I recently dropped my HP G62-b13SA and now I receive the ''No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key'' Error message.

When I run the Hard Disk Test from BIOS I receive Hard Disk not Exist Hard Disk Test Failed and Bood Device not found (3F0) Error messages. I can also hear a clicking noise when the pc is running.

I searched on the web and found that if I reseat the HDD it may help. I am worried about doing this however as my laptop is still under Warranty. Would opening up my laptop and reseating the HDD cancel my warranty? 

Thanks!

NO. It will not violate your warranty. If you are getting an error of that sort for the reason your stated, it might be best to buy another hard disk. Use the recovery media that you should have created to recover your notebook to factory image state.

Kind regards,
erico

If you really want to say thanks, click on the Thumbs up icon .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

Slaad Top Student
Top Student
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Wouldn't my warranty cover a replacement Hard Drive?

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Provost Provost
Provost
46149 40411 4373 11188
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

After having been brutally honest and admitting that it was your fault... maybe and maybe not.
It is certainly worth contacting HP and asking. I know that I taught my Kid to be honest and I respect honesty. Sometimes being brutally honest with yourself can hurt you. That is a sad truism. 

regards,
erico

If you really want to say thanks, click on the Thumbs up icon .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos
GlitchMasta47 Tutor
Tutor
10 9 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I am having a very similar issue. My HP ProBook 455 G3 has the same exact error and I read that one way was to check and see if a disc is damaged or scratched inside the drive. I am not sure whether or not this will void my warranty. Attached is an image of my hard drive.
IMG_1642.JPG
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation