Post new question
Question

Intern
Message 1 of 8 (200 Views)

Install new software

Product Name: Hp elitebook 840 g1
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello yesterday I install 

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5405097&swItemId=ob_164558_1&swEnvOid=419...

then I make restart for my laptop and now I can't show or see the desktop icon . Now I'm here I can't login to windows.IMG_0435.JPG

0 Kudos
Associate Dean
Message 2 of 8 (166 Views)

Re: Install new software

Hello @Hossamalali

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum.

Something went wrong during or after the installation.

Perform hard restart/forced reset. More info and how to here >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768/

If this does not help...

Perform System Restore to restore back the PC system settings prior to the installation of HP CSM

1. Please, shutdown the computer using the power button

2. Power it on.

2.1 As soon as you press the power-on button, immediately begin hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap).

This should open a HP Startup Menu which may look similar to this one

3. Choose F11 for System Recovery options.

The computer should boot from it's recovery partition to open you various recovery options. Note, that F11 option will only work if the recovery partition is there (not deleted) and intact. From there, you have prenty of options to choose from. Every HP computer comes with recovery partition present to assist in tough moments.

Click on Troubleshoot and perform "System Restore" first in an attempt to fix the issue. Please, restore back to previous days (restore point) where the issue was not present before the software was installed. Here is more info:

>> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03327545#AbT5

>> https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4588-system-restore-windows-10-a.html#option1

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

* If my comment helped you, use the button below to accept this post as a solution

* if you want to say thanks, please, click below on the White Thumb Up+ button for (+1) kudo.

Smiley WinkDon't leave the forum - provide your reply, update about your issue and feedback.

Best wishes, IT_WinSec ----------------
I do not work for HP Inc. I express personal opinion only.
I work as consumer support technician, cyber security engineer and endpoint devices technical support team lead
Intern
Message 3 of 8 (161 Views)

frezing

hi why that happened i need 20 or more to be able to see the desktop icon i mean i cant see password bar directly maybe i must wait 20 -30 minutes is that normal i think its big problem plz help me17391953_1276404415806783_710151494_n.jpg

Intern
Message 4 of 8 (154 Views)

its not solved

Associate Dean
Message 5 of 8 (148 Views)

[ Edited ]

Can you confirm you performed System Restore ? Was it a successful restoration - you should get a message ?

If yes, what restore point you used ?

How many restore points you have present ?  If you have few, could you try again with another restore point (earlier, days/week before the problem started)  ?

* If my comment helped you, use the button below to accept this post as a solution

* if you want to say thanks, please, click below on the White Thumb Up+ button for (+1) kudo.

Smiley WinkDon't leave the forum - provide your reply, update about your issue and feedback.

I work as consumer support technician, cyber security engineer and endpoint devices technical support team lead
Intern
Message 6 of 8 (130 Views)

i make formatting i dont have restre point

Associate Dean
Message 7 of 8 (127 Views)

Well,

In this case the only option left is to :

1. Boot the computer in Safe Mode

Perform the steps mentioned previously, invoke the recovery partition F11 and follow the instructions

Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart

After restart, choose option (4) or F4

>> https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

2. While in Safe Mode, attemp to uninstall the program(s) that you installed

3.  Restart the PC back to Normal model and see if this will fix the issue

If this above was performed but did not fix the problem, you will have to format the device again (reimage it) and reinstall Windows again.

Intern
Message 8 of 8 (120 Views)

my friend i make install for windows 10 pro im formating every thing in local C i mean its new windows i dont have any program or any backup 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation