Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Dear Mr/Mrs Support Engineer:

I would appreciate it if you could answer the following questions:

1. On the Drivers page for HP Laptop - 15-gw0030ur, once you have chosen the Windows option, a number of Verstion options (Windows 10 1909 64-bit / Windows 10 2004 64-bit / Windows 10 20H2 64-bit / Windows 10 64-bit) become available in the drop-down window.
Does the option "Windows 10 64-bit" include the 1903 version? Can I install the Windows 1903 version using the drivers for the option "Windows 10 64-bit"? Will there be no conflict?
2. Will it be ok to install the following AMD Chipset Driver
<https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/socket-fp5-mobile/amd-ryzen-and-athlon-mobile-chipset>
for AMD Ryzen™ 3 3250U or should I use another product?

Thank you for your assistance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

1. Diagnostics - do I need to install the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI?  It is not necessary.

2. Firmware - both are Intel, do I need them?  No, those are not applicable to your model since it has an AMD chipset.

3. Software solutions, do I need it?  That is optional.  The HP Support Assistant can notify you of any driver updates.

4. Utility tools, do I need it?    It is not necessary.

Everything else looks good that you indicated.

Of the four items you listed, I only installed the HP support assistant to be notified of any driver updates.

It also has a couple of other tools, such as one to 'tune up your PC.'

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

Hi:

I would first ask why are you installing an outdated version of W10?

Security and other updates have ended.

Some of the newer drivers will not work on v1903.

If you must install version 1903, then use the drivers marked Windows 10 without a version.

Otherwise, I suggest you use the media creation tool and create installation media for 20H2 from the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

I have personally used the AMD ryzen mobile chipset driver from AMD on my HP 15-ee047nr with the Ryzen 4500 processor and it worked fine.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Your reply is appreciated.

I will proceed with the installation of the 1903 version.

Would you clarify: there is an ELAN Precision Touchpad Filter Driver in the Driver-Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices subset. Is it the driver for the touchpad?

Also am I correct that the ELAN Fingerprint Sensor Driver is not needed?The laptop does not have that function.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The  ELAN Precision Touchpad Filter Driver in the Driver is the correct driver for the touchpad.

If your notebook does not have a fingerprint scanner, then the ELAN Fingerprint Sensor Driver is not needed.

HP Recommended

Dear Paul,

I have decided to install the 20h2 version. Would you look at the snapshots below and confirm if my choices are correct?

There are some points I am not sure of:

1. Diagnostics - do I need to install the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI?

2. Firmware - both are Intel, do I need them?

3. Software solutions, do I need it?

4. Utility tools, do I need it?

Also, I have been told that the drivers can be downloaded automatically. Would you recommend using the automatic downloading? I don't want anything to go wrong with such a pivotal thing  as a chipset

I really appreciate your assistance.

Below are the snapshots:

1.png

2.png

HP Recommended

Hi:

1. Diagnostics - do I need to install the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI?  It is not necessary.

2. Firmware - both are Intel, do I need them?  No, those are not applicable to your model since it has an AMD chipset.

3. Software solutions, do I need it?  That is optional.  The HP Support Assistant can notify you of any driver updates.

4. Utility tools, do I need it?    It is not necessary.

Everything else looks good that you indicated.

Of the four items you listed, I only installed the HP support assistant to be notified of any driver updates.

It also has a couple of other tools, such as one to 'tune up your PC.'

HP Recommended

Thank you, Paul. Your support has been greatly appreciated.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

HP Recommended

Dear Paul,

I have successfully intalled the 20h2 system on the HP 15-gw0030ur. Then I installed all the downloaded drivers manually. Unfortunately, I see three problems in the Device Manager.

I would appreiate it if you could help me fix these problems.

ps. Would you explain why the error icons are different - the icon with exclamation mark means that some problem has been detected by the system but what about a blurred icon with the yellow smudge?

Thank you again

1. Display adapters with the following Hardware IDs 

1.png4.png5.png

2. Unknown Device with the following Hardware IDs

2.png6.png

3. Storage controller with the following Hardware IDs3.png

Microsoft storage spaces controller

Please note that it does not have a number7.png

NVM Express standard controller8.png

HP Recommended

Hi:

1.  The graphics...your notebook has dual AMD switchable graphics adapters.

The low power graphics adapter (AMD Radeon Graphics) works most of the time, unless the graphics demands are too much for it, and then the notebook automatically switches to the high power AMD HD 620 graphics adapter.

2.  The unknown 0003 device needs this driver...

This package provides HP Application Driver for the ACPI device HPIC000C/HPIC0003 on supported HP computer models that are running a supported operating system.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp95001-95500/sp95222.exe

3.  Microsoft installs a generic NVM Express controller because you would have to go to the manufacturer's website to see if they have a specific driver for your WD Black SN 720 NVMe SSD.

I do not see that they have a specific driver for your notebook's SSD.

WD_BLACK SN750 NVMe SSD

The driver that Microsoft installed is just fine.

I can tell you a story...I have the same controller installed on my PC that has a Crucial P5 (Micron) NVMe SSD.

I did find a specific driver for that SSD and the notebook blue screens with different errors about once a week randomly.

So, I rolled back the driver to the original Standard NVMe controller driver from 2006, and no blue screens at all.

So in this case, better was the enemy of good enough.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.