Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre 360 pen

Hi

I have the this pen (HP SPS: 929863-001 Dark Ash Silver )for the new spectre 360 but there are no instructions with it and I cannot find anything online.

The pen works when charged but the next time I go to use it the battery has gone and I keep it in its original box & packaging. I have read that if anything is touching the tip, this can drain it but this is not the case.

The pen has 2 buttons, one on the top and one on the side but I have no idea what these are for as there is no instructions or manual.

Can anyone please help give me some basic instructions or post a link to a manual?

Many thanks

Chris

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Claw16

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand the battery of the stylus depletes too soon,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did the pen come with the laptop?

If not, did you ensure its supported by your device? (Click here to verify the same, if you haven't)

While you respond to that, here's what you need to know:

Most active stylus pens automatically deactivate after a short time without use, to save power. Improper storage while not in use can cause battery drain. Store the stylus flat with no pressure applied to the tip or buttons.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

You did not fully answer the question, which is very unhelpful. The 0P mentioned that the pen comes with no instructions on how to use it, and what the top and side buttons are for.

Please, can you provide a link to the instructions for this pen? Also, to quickly help me and others who have the same problem, please explain:

1. the parts of the pen and how to use the buttons.
  2. how to properly pair the pen with the laptop

As mentioned by the OP the laptop is the HP Spectre X360 and the pen comes in the box with the laptop. 

HP Recommended

I believe this (click) is the documentation for that pen. It has the charging and Bluetooth pairing instructions for the pen.

If you have the pen Bluetooth paired and it won't keep a charge after being fully charged, the pen might be defective.

The buttons on that pen are configured using Settings. Open Settings (click the Windows icon at the left of the task bar, then the cog), "Devices", then "Pen & Windows Ink".

HP Recommended

The link for the instructions came up with a 404 not found error

Is it possible the link name has changed

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.