Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 15t-df000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need some help

Im trying to fix my touchpad so that it allows me to use it and the keys at the same time, so that I can play games. The drivers are all up to date, and the only advice I have found online is to either adjust the SynTp key to 0 via the Registry Editor, to reinstall the driver completely, or to adjust the palmcheck option so that its practically off. I have adjusted the SynTp key to 0, that didnt help. I have also adjusted palmcheck with no success either. I still cant use both at the same time. So I attempted to reinstall my synmaptics hid touchpad driver. I went on to the HP website and tried entering my serial and product number to see the exact driver I had to reinstall with. The serial number worked fine, but now it's telling me my product number is invalid??? Its the same as whats printed on the bottom of my laptop so I'm confused as to why its stating its invalid? It is a refurbished laptop if that changes things, but its an official refurbishment from hp. So I went back and chose the option for the site to scan my machine to automatically find its details, and then it tells me that it doesn't register any found hp products? 

So my question it, is there another way of fixing this issue with my touchpad and keys not working together? If not, how do I go about reinstalling the driver?

Secondly, why is my product number stating it is invalid?

Serial number is: [edited]

Product number is: 8TU89U8R#ABA

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Georgiacait 

Here is the HP product page for your model PC:  https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-spectre-15-df0000-x360-convertible-pc/23238160/m...

There are four synaptic drivers listed -- by OS version number.

To see what version you have, type "winver" (without the quotes) into the search area.

Where you see more than one driver for your version number, install the most current driver first.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.