Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 17-by0083cl

My new job came with a new laptop and a docking station and I'm trying to figure out how to get my personal lapop to integrate into this system. With my last setup, I just had to switch the USB-c plug in the docking station to the laptop I'd like to use. I can't seem to find a way to connect my personal laptop to the dock. The docking station plugs into the work laptop with a USB-c plug. 

The docking station is a Dell Docking Station - WD19S 180 W

https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-docking-station-wd19s-180w/apd/210-azbm/pc-accessories 

I have 3 monitors plugged into it: 2 HPs that connect with DHDMI(?) cables and a Samsung TV, along with a usb extender that I've got my camera, keyboard and mouse plugged into. This works fine with my Dell work laptop. 

My grandson set up a second cable from the TV to my personal laptop so it has one plug into the docking station and another to my laptop. My workaround to integrate my personal laptop  is to move the usb extender from the docking station to my laptop, and use the TV remote to switch from HDMI1 to HDMI2. This lets me work with the TV as the only monitor and I'd really like to be able to use multiple monitors.

Is this possible? Can I daisy chain it or get some kind of adapter or something? Thanks for any insights. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.