cancel
Ibb1982 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just bought Laptop, but warranty already expired?

HP Spectre x360 - 13-4172na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys

Purchased my laptop 22/1/17, registered the following day, the HP assistant originally said warranty expired in November 2016 and now is saying my warranty expired 22/1/17.

That can't be right, right? I purchased it brand new from Currys PC World in Bristol, UK.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Ibb 

3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
102,735 96,810 15,007 23,109
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP sets the warranty date starting when the PC is shipped to the vendor from the factory.

Since I do not work for or represent HP, I do not know why they do this.

In any event you can call HP support, and ask them to adjust the warranty start and end dates.

You will have to provide them with a copy of the invoice or sales receipt showing the date of purchase.

I had to do that too.

The customer services rep should send you an e-mail with a link to upload your scanned copy of the proof of purchase.

Then in about 3 business days, they will adjust the warranty period accordingly.

Ibb1982 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks buddy, makes sense. I assumed warranty would start from purchase date (which is entered at registration). Thanks again.
Provost Provost
Provost
102,735 96,810 15,007 23,109
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, like it does for 99% of anything else you buy.  :generic:

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation