Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Keyboard and Touchpad doesn't work at login screen /turn on computer HP Spectre

HP SPECTRE X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I open up my computer and try to login, both the keyboard and touchpad no longer works.  The only thing I can do is touch the screen and hope the on-screen keyboard pops up.  but I can't use the actual physical keyboard or touchpad.  They seem disabled.

I don't even see the mouse pointer arrow or icon on the login screen at all  when I try to move my hand around the touchpad

now it takes me a couple tries to login abd only after I  login, the keyboard & touchpad work again

Im using HP Spectre x360.

I think this started happening after the last major auto update 

(Also now the computer doesn't go to sleep when I close the lid,  and after a while the computer gave an alert message that the battery was low since it never went to sleep.  After this last update, the low battery alert message is now pink instead of blue )

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
16542 16275 953 2192
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Keyboard and Touchpad doesn't work at login screen /turn on computer HP Spectre

Hello ,

Hi @myhpforum

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! 

I came across your post about your HP Spectre x360.and Touchpad not working correctly. Here is a document on how to troubleshoot the mouse and Touchpad. I would start at the section labeled turning all TouchPad gestures off and on.

Please let me know how this goes.

You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation