Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 convertible 13-ar0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Having a hard time writing this because of this current issue. when typing, some keys randomly dont respond when i type, and it doesnt matter which key it is. 

Example when writing without correcting: "this is a tes to illusrate hat happens when i justw ritewithout correcting the errors caused by y keyboard keys. its pretty frustrting, esspecially since i bought this computerjust a couple of months back"

I have tried all the solutions provided by the online forums, from reinstalling drivers, checking for hardware issues, running troubleshooters, running DISM through CMD, checking spikes in CPU through resource surveillance, installing all of the new updates through the HP help centre, all without luck. Ive also run the keyboard component test provided by HP, and made a reset to factory settings under startup, with no luck either. Ive spent hours reading through solutions, and trying all of them, but it doesnt seem any of the forum posts have the same problem as me. Ive also done a safe startup, disabling all the non-essential applications, with no effect. I have only the office programs installed on my computer, and McAfee antivirus that came installed with the computer.

Sometimes the issue is gone for a couple of days, and then it relapses to the same issue again.

I especially sense the problem when i try to do a CTRL+A, and the whole keyboard changes to special characters and shortcuts, because it thought the input was SHIFT+CAPS. Sometimes the enter button wont work, sometimes the spacebar doesnt respond, until ive pressed it 4-5 times, and its like this with all the keys sometimes.

Im a student, and i bought this new laptop because of the critical function for a good and working computer, but im starting to believe i made the wrong choice, trusting all those excellent reviews.

Please help me with this, because i doesnt feel a 120 dollar purchase should be followed with issues like these. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.