Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp Envy 15-as105 nl prouct code: 1AQ32EA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I'm writing this post to solicit HP to release update Intel system drivers for Winows 10 1809 release (received from Windows Update a couple of weeks ago). In particular I'm referrring to:

• Intel Management Engine Interface driver (still at 11.7.0.1057 Rev B) optimizied for Windows 10 1803
  • Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework (still at 8.3.10205.4743 Rev C) optimized for Windows 10 1709

While not having any major issues, these two components can considerably boost perfomances and battery savings as well as thermal optimization activities under the latest Windows 10 release. I can imagine that some policies need more optimization for Windows 1809...and some drivers are a bit outdated. These two should be released by each OEM and are not directly downloadable from Intel web site.

I also expect HP to release fresh drivers for other components too (as GPU and Touchpad too). Hp Support Assistant is quite silent since a few months apart from the release of an uodated Conexant Audio driver for Win 1809 that hasn't been reported on the download site (that should be aligned soon with Assistant's releases): HP Download Site for Envy 15-as-105-nl

Thanks a lot

Simone

Simone
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.