Did you mean: 
Ambermariex11
3 1 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Laptop Randomly Goes Black and I have to Shut Down

HP Recommended
Pavilion
While working on my computer (generally typing documents on word) the screen will go complexity black and no button I press will get the screen back on I have to completely shut the computer down to get it to work.
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
EmeraldAvenger
Retired
Retired
2,840 2,755 185 362
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @Ambermariex11, 

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome! I read your post on the HP Support Forums and seen that you are having issues with your HP Pavilion Notebook PC and the display turning off. 

I have seen it in the past where dust in the Notebook was creating the issue and with that being said, please make sure to clean out all of the vents in your Notebook. 

If you have the Display hooked up to an external monitor or TV, when you plug the Adapter in does it still go black?

Do the power lights go off as well? 

Have you tried to start in Safe Mode?

Have you done a BIOS reset?

Have you done all of the HP Support Assistant and Windows updates?

Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers that need updating.

Is the Fan Noisy or Spin Constantly?

Is the PC Warmer than Normal

Have you tried Testing for hardware failures?

Here are some documents for you that may help:

If this post helps you to resolve the issue, please pay it forward by clicking Accept as Solution button, to the right of the thumbs up icon. You can click the Thumbs up icon to show your appreciation for my efforts today!  Smiley Happy

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help. When you re-post, please provide me with the detailed results from the troubleshooting above.

Thank you for joining in!

Have a wonderful day!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation