Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 17-bs044nb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have reinstalled my HP laptop and everything worked just fine. Then i went to the drivers section and downloaded a bios update. When installing the bios update the program told me , i couldn't do a UEFI flash. But i was able to a "ONLY BIOS update"",

after reboot i get black screen. 5 fast blinking lights and 3 slow on caps lock.

I tried to boot with windows key + b or +v but nothing happened. I downloaded the bios onto USB drive put it in and boot computer. Nothing. I also tried pressing Windows key +b +v while booting. But the lights of caps lock keep blinking and nothing happens. You're help is very appreciated.

According to blinking codes of HP, 5 fast en 3 slow, would mean that i have a problems with my cpu. But that makes no sense, because everything worked fine before installing the bios. The cpu wat fast en graphics where good. What did happen is the bios got corrupted and now the b ios thinks my cpu is broken.  I have tried to download the bios on a stick. But the problems is i am using the bios from the website that make my laptop crash in the first place.  So i would need an older bios, or even the orginal. But i can't find on the website. Anybody any idea where i could find an older version?

Kind regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.