Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I've gone to so many sites but nothing works.  I'm not that saavy altering my registry.  This just started happening and I have to continually restore to an earlier date to get the proper profile login.   HELP!!!  I've got a Pavilion g7

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It sounds as if the latest version of your Account is being corrupted over and over.

• There could have been a recent Update that ruined your account profile.
  • You might have accidentally set something in a browser - or a profile that has corrupted your account setups.
  • There could simply be a corrupted file in your account that cannot be cleared.

The following may help, IF there is not something IN the account that is causing the corruption.

Fix a corrupted user profile

Other Options

The above answer is actually part of a larger group of answers grouped together in a Post on the Microsoft Answer Page:  Temporary profile after Windows 7 update

Try System Restore to "go back to a time and date" when it all worked:

Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 😎

Restoring Windows to a Previous Point (Windows 7

For later

One of the things you might consider for this and any computer you have in your home network:

• Keep an extra account on the computer -- with admin privileges. 
  • Do not use the account. 
  • Do not "add things" to the account, including extra browsers, shortcuts that are not part of the standard Operating System, and do not use the account to do program installations.
  • Do NOT set up the account with a fingerprint Reader.
  • Do NOT set up the account with any added security other than the VERY GOOD password that you give to the account when you create it.
  • Do NOT create fancy backgrounds in the account, do not change the "personalization" settings, nor any other settings that change the basic nature of the account.
  • Do log into the account on occasion to be sure you have access to the account.

Why have the extra account?

It is insurance.

====================================================================================

What if NOTHING works and you really do not want to crawl around in the registry...

Well, you could try a scan of the File System -- this may work if the issue is one of missing or corrupted files:

Using System File Checker (SFC) to Restore System Files

I hope this helps!

Click the Kudos Thumbs-Up to show you appreciate the help.

Click Accept as Solution when the Answer provides a Fix or Workaround!

I am pleased to provide assistance on behalf of HP. I do not work for HP. 

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

It sounds as if the latest version of your Account is being corrupted over and over.

• There could have been a recent Update that ruined your account profile.
  • You might have accidentally set something in a browser - or a profile that has corrupted your account setups.
  • There could simply be a corrupted file in your account that cannot be cleared.

The following may help, IF there is not something IN the account that is causing the corruption.

Fix a corrupted user profile

Other Options

The above answer is actually part of a larger group of answers grouped together in a Post on the Microsoft Answer Page:  Temporary profile after Windows 7 update

Try System Restore to "go back to a time and date" when it all worked:

Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 😎

Restoring Windows to a Previous Point (Windows 7

For later

One of the things you might consider for this and any computer you have in your home network:

• Keep an extra account on the computer -- with admin privileges. 
  • Do not use the account. 
  • Do not "add things" to the account, including extra browsers, shortcuts that are not part of the standard Operating System, and do not use the account to do program installations.
  • Do NOT set up the account with a fingerprint Reader.
  • Do NOT set up the account with any added security other than the VERY GOOD password that you give to the account when you create it.
  • Do NOT create fancy backgrounds in the account, do not change the "personalization" settings, nor any other settings that change the basic nature of the account.
  • Do log into the account on occasion to be sure you have access to the account.

Why have the extra account?

It is insurance.

====================================================================================

What if NOTHING works and you really do not want to crawl around in the registry...

Well, you could try a scan of the File System -- this may work if the issue is one of missing or corrupted files:

Using System File Checker (SFC) to Restore System Files

I hope this helps!

Click the Kudos Thumbs-Up to show you appreciate the help.

Click Accept as Solution when the Answer provides a Fix or Workaround!

I am pleased to provide assistance on behalf of HP. I do not work for HP. 

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended
I'll give it a whirl but I'm a techno-dummy! It sounds complicated to me since I don't understand the terminology but here I go anyway. Thanks
HP Recommended

No one starts out "tech" savvy.  Smiling.  It is art as much as science, IMO.  You might be best served by creating a new account for yourself and then copying your files / data as described in that first help file.  At the least it may solve the immediate issue.   Good luck -- I hope this fixes it.

Dragon-Fur

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.