Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-cs3072nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer has a problem where it lags a ton, but only when it's plugged in and charging. I'm using the original adapter that came with the laptop, I've tried adjusting the power plan settings in several different ways with absolutely no results, and the problem always resolves immediately once the laptop is running on battery and starts again when I plug it in. Honestly, it's kind of wild and doesn't make any sense to me, although I don't know much about how computers work. Does anyone have any advice on what I can try to fix the problem? I mostly see it when trying to play Genshin Impact, The Sims 4, or others that require lots of graphics, but there is still a noticeable difference in general computer speed when it's charging vs. on battery and it's driving me insane. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.