Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Laptop starts but the screen become blank after entering the password

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Sagar121,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Support Community,

Let's try these steps here: 

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook: A power reset (or hard restart) clears all information from the computer's memory without erasing any personal data. Performing a power reset might fix conditions such as Windows not responding, a blank display, software freezing, keyboard stops responding, or other external devices locking up.

Please follow the steps suggested in the support document for - HP PCs - Black or blank screen with blinking cursor after entering Windows password

Alternatively, If the issue started recently after an update, I would suggest you try these steps here:

If you are able to boot the computer to the desktop, then press the Windows key + R - In the Open box type in msconfig and click on OK.

On the top of the screen Click on Services tab -  please check for App readiness services and  then remove the checkmark and click on Apply and OK. 

Restart the PC and now check if that helps.

You may also refer to this support document for - HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 😎

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes for further assistance. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.