Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15g-br011tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone.

Its been 1.5 years since I purchased hp 15g-br011tx model and it troubled a lot in my work from past 2 months .Current issue is, it forcibly shutdowns (a sudden power-off) without warning when battery is 65-70% and when started by connecting to charger, the screen flickers means it catches power connection for some time and then does not, then again catches and so on.And this flickering is a random issue sometimes it occurs and sometimes not . And on charging the battery fills up from the same point where it was forced shutdown automatically. (Battery does not drain to 0% but starts charging from same point 65%). Major problem here is that sudden power off of laptop at 65% battery.

I have tried uninstallation of drivers like in device manager( batteries->Microsoft ACPI..etc) and battery check. BIOS is updated and even i performed a system recovery and finally taken it to repairing shop but in vain! 

Kindly help if someone knows.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Ash36

I suggest you perform a Battery Test and keep me posted how it goes

- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. 
- When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- On the main menu, click Component Tests and Power > Battery

Thank you 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I performed the battery check and the status is OK. There is no problem with the battery.

HP Recommended

@Ash36
Thank you for posting back. 

As you've performed relevant troubleshooting steps and the issue persists, this sounds like hardware related issue with the unit, 

Hence, I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.