Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Compaq Presario V5150EA
Hi! Can anyone help me get the latest BIOS for a Presario V5150EA. I have F.23 but I read somewhere that there was a later version. In fact, I downloaded one from a non HP site but I would like to get it from an official HP site. I tried it on there, though currently there's no support for this model. Also, in a couple of posts on this forum I found the file that I downloaded (sp37159.exe) but a user mentioned that this BIOS was only for the model they were talking about, a different model than mine. That increases my doubts. Regards!
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

The sp37159 file is version F.24, and this 3rd party site indicates that it is the correct one for your model notebook.

You drop the last two numbers from their file numbers to get the HP sp#

Download HP Compaq Presario V5150EA drivers for Windows XP/Vista, BIOS (helpjet.net)

This is the official HP download link for that BIOS update file...

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp37001-37500/sp37159.exe

Unfortunately, there is no HP html info for this file on their ftp site.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.