5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Low on memory

HP Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi,

What is the best way to fix a laptop that says low on memory? It keeps on lagging and this message appears. I cant work on my laptop properly.

I hope someone can help

Thanks

C
4 REPLIES 4
Provost Provost
Provost
9,559 9,344 1,827 3,438
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Low on memory

Hi,

Provide the exact model of your laptop. You should find it on sticker on back of laptop or under the battery. This way we can see if there is a way to upgrade the PC with RAM.

Let me know,

David

0 Kudos
Camille_Axi Top Student
Top Student
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Low on memory

Is this the right one?
HP Notebook
11-f107TU
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
9,559 9,344 1,827 3,438
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Low on memory

Hi,

The problem is that your system only has 2GB of onboard and non-upgradable RAM. This is causing a great limit on the system and applications you are using. I would suggest investing in a new and even inexpensive computer with at leat 4GB of RAM and upgradeable for the future.

You could try to use a usb 3.0 pendrive as readyboost to improve the system a little. Important to use a usb 3.0 drive and use the 3.0 port on your PC. (at least 16GB)

Insert the USB drive into the computer. Find the drive in the folder "this pc" and right-click on it. Go to properties and go into the tab Readyboost and use the device as readyboost device.

This should help with the low memory  message you are getting.

Let me know if you need further help,

David

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
19,062 16,997 1,580 3,740
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Low on memory

@Camille_Axi

Here's some reviewer info about the laptop you bought:

Microsoft and HP are now actively promoting a new HP line, called Stream. These low-cost laptops and tablets are being sold as essentially Chromebook-style devices, meant for low-power online use, but with the added utility of Windows 8. These systems, including the $200 HP Stream 11 (£179 in the UK, and AU$299 in Australia) are pitched as being cloud-friendly, which is a polite way of saying they're too underpowered to satisfactorily run a lot of standard apps.

So basically, you have an entry-level Chromebook like device with only 2GB of memoru and non-expandable 32GB SSD.

HP kept the features down to keep the cost down.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation