Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

MS office 2013 product key

HP Pavilion 15 notebook pc
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hey. Yesterday I refreshed my laptop. It cleaned everything but I also lost MS office 2013 product key. When I called up HP customer care, they said that being my laptop out of warrenty, they are unable to help with it. So how can I get Product Key? I have already paid for it.

2 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
12836 1667 4290
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Did MS Office 2013 full version come pre installed in your laptop?

What is the exact product number, model name of your laptop?
http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00033108

Regards

Visruth
I'm a Volunteer AND I don't work for HP

Click the "THUMBS UP ICON" to say thank you and Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" if this is the answer you needed
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
14446 1348 3202
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@K_Balaji

Starting with Office 2013, MS started distributing MS Office in two very different forms:

1) Local installation

2) Click-to-run (CTR)

The first was done like older versions, in that you used an installer to load Office and you had a card that had printed the product key you needed to enter.  That version also saved the product key in the Registry on the PC so it could be retrieved later, if needed.

The second was different, in that you got the key via email from MS, an you had to connect with MS in order to activate the product.  Also, it did NOT save the product key locally, so there is no way to retrieve it from the Registry.

If you had the first version, you have a card somewere that has the product key on it -- but HP does not keep records of individual product keys associated with individual PCs.  So, if you lost that card, you have no choice but to purchase a new license from MS.

If you had the second, you will have to track down the email or otherwise contact MS to recover the product key.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation