Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My laptop is unable to connect with my phone in MTP mode. I kindly need the necessary drivers to facilitate this connection. Anyone please help me out. Where can I find these drivers?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

clinton_lasco

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Sorry, but there are no MTP drivers as such.

I have a Samsung Galaxy phone, and I had to go to Samsung and download their Mobile Phone drivers and install them before my desktop would see the phone's filesystem.

Even after that, when I connect to the PC, I have to tap the phone and scroll down through the Connection menu options to the bottom, where there is a selection for File Transfer.

So basically, you have to go to your phone manufacturer for the drivers.

There is an alternative in a product known as MOBILedit!.  They have a trial version and that allows you to download their mobile phone drivers -- but it might work only with their apps.  I tried their apps and they wouldn't write to my phone, so I uninstalled them.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi:

Watch this video and here is the W10 link to the download he references (which is below the video in the comments section).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXG0y_aWOrs

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=48231

You can also try this from the first comment below...

Select MTP on the phone. Go to device manager. Uninstall the driver for the device detected in yellow. Disconnect, Connect. Update driver. Select from computer. Portable device. List of drivers. Select MTP USB device from 1st category. Complete wizard

How to Install any MTP driver on My PC like that windows 8/8.1/10. You Just Follow My Instruction. i hope your problem has been resolve. How to Fix MTP USB Device Driver Problem SAMSUNG GALAXY (MTP USB DEVICE FAILED) FIX Samsung Mobile MTP USB Device Driver Download for windows MTP Device driver ...
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.