Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 13-ah0501sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Got the laptop yesterday and was just testing out a few games and noticed it was a bit laggy. Had a look around and seen that the gpu is throttling way down as sson as it hits 62 degrees. this is way too low of a temp limit. 75 or 80 i personally think is a better limit. Any chance i can change this limit myself or do i have to wait for a bios update from HP?

I have read in another post about a bios update on another model that increased the temperature limit to 72 degrees. still a bit low but better than 62. Any chance an update can be pushed out for the HP Envy 13-ah0501sa as performance loss is definitely noticable and the laptop is very capable of much more. 

Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Finally figured it out after looking around for a few more hours. Thanks to this: thread [edit]

For anyone having the same problem as myself all you have to do is go into HP Command Center and change your Thermal Profile in their. I picked the middle one which increases your temp limit to 92 degrees

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@arunkennedy3, welcome to the forum.

I am not an HP employee.  So, this is my own take on your situation.  Since your computer is not built for gaming it may not have the appropriate cooling to allow the throttling to occur at 75C or 80C.  I know that some of the Omen Gaming laptops can get very hot when gaming, but have the cooling to compensate for it.  Not all owners have your knowledge.  HP has to keep everyone safe.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Appreciate your input but as I said in the post it has been done with a similar model and they just updated the bios to allow for a higher temp limit

Here is the link to that post: [edit]

It's the same laptop so can't see why it can't be done in my model

HP Recommended

Finally figured it out after looking around for a few more hours. Thanks to this: thread [edit]

For anyone having the same problem as myself all you have to do is go into HP Command Center and change your Thermal Profile in their. I picked the middle one which increases your temp limit to 92 degrees

HP Recommended

Selecting any of the options in thermal profile tab in HP Command Center does not seem to do anything

my MX 150 still throttles at 62º C.

And every time I close the app and reopen it again, the option I selected is unselected, like if I never selected it in the first place.

my device is an HP ENVY x360 15-bp1xx

please help

HP Recommended

Open up the HP Support Assistant and check for any updates. Specifically BIOS updates and then try again.

HP Recommended

just did that, everything is up to date but the same issue still

my BIOS version is F.38

HP Recommended

Try uninstalling HP Command Center and reinstalling through the Microsoft store

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/hp-command-center/9p92n00qv14j?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

HP Recommended

also did that but no change

HP Recommended

i just searched in the HP website, there seems to be an updated bios "F.45"

ill install it and report back

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.