Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 2540p
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I have this HP Elitebook 2540p perfectly working until recently it started showing some weird messages I don't really know how to get rid of. Each time I boot it some weird write up comes up like : what's on the attached file. 

I reload the OS to no avail, change the hard-drive no positive result. 

• Often times,  I goes into the bios and exit without doing anything, it then boot up very fine.  What could be the challenge here. please I need helpIMG_20201220_073747.jpg

IMG_20201220_073702.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Those errors normally mean that you have lost the operating system on the hard drive, or the hard drive has failed.

Try reinstalling Windows on the existing hard drive.

If it won't install, replace the hard drive and reinstall Windows.

Below is the link to the service manual.

h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02664684

HP Recommended

Thanks for your, but I have reinstall the OS no positive result, changed the hard-drive no positive result. What I mostly does is, each time I boot this PC I'll have to strike the f10 key to take me to the bios. I then navigate to the system configuration >>>device configuration >>>Sata Device Mode and will have to change it from AHCI to IDE save and exit bios, then repeat the process again but this time I'll have to move from IDE back to AHCI save again and exit. Then the PC will boot normal. But I'm just tired of this weird behavior and the process involved in. 

Please I'm still looking forward to more suggestions. Thanks 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

That is definitely some weird behavior.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to help you with that issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.