Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15 Notebook PC

So I have a HP 15 Notebook PC and lately it has been randomly shutting itself down while I'm using Microsoft Excel and my Calculator at the same time. I don't know if running the 2 at the same time would be related but either way its frustrating. I'm not the most electronically minded person but if anyone has any thoughts on the problem any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Gitch4, Welcome to HP Support Community!

The random shutting down of your PC can be addressed by isolating the issue. Here's what you need to do, start with a hard reset as per HP standards: Click here for details.

Do the windows suddenly shut down without warning or you get an error before it turns off?

This might be caused by one of several issues. Windows could be set to restart automatically when certain system errors occur. A BIOS update can also resolve the issue. Use the information in this document to resolve issues with the computer restarting unexpectedly.

If the computer restarts unexpectedly and then does not start to Windows, see one of the following documents for steps to resolve this issue:

· HP Guided Solution - No Power or No Boot Troubleshooting for notebook or desktop computers.

· Computer Does Not Start (Windows) for notebook computers.

For detail and further instructions CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Also, have you attempted to capture any error message that appears before or after the device restarts?

Did you try updating the BIOS to resolve the issue? (If not, please click here to find and install it)

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.