Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion x360

My daughter has a Pavillion x360-m3-u103dx laptop. I bought her a 27" LG 5K Usb-C monitor wide screen LED for school distance learning.  The laptop does not display on the monitor. I bought an HP usb-c dock along with an HDMI cord with a usb-c port on it, but it still does not detect the monitor. So, is this monitor compatible with my daughter's laptop? How can I get it to work? If not, then what would be the best monitor that is compatible with her laptop? Thank you, Beryl & Madison

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Madison615

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

1. Right-click anywhere on the desktop, and then click Display settings (Windows 10) or Screen Resolution (Windows 8).
  2. Make sure the correct number of monitors displays. ...
  3. Scroll down to Multiple displays, if necessary, click the drop-down menu, and then select a display option.

Computers and TVs have a wide variety of video connection types. The video connection on your computer must match the connection on your TV or monitor.

note:If your PC only has DVI and your TV does not have a DVI port, you can use a special adapter or converter cable.
  1. Select a connection type based on your second monitor.

• Monitor: VGA or DVI cable

• TV: Video (composite) or S-video cable

• High Definition TV: DVI or HDMI cable

2. Connect the TV or monitor to the computer using the cable you chose.

3. Connect a power cable to the TV or monitor, and then turn it on.

4. TV connections only: Change the TV video input source to match the video source connection from the computer (Line-1, Video-1, HDMI, etc.). Refer to documents that came with the TV for instructions.

Depending on the TV, the image quality might not be as good as that of a monitor.

5. Turn on the computer.

Use the video or graphics card driver to configure display settings.

1. Look for a graphics card or video card sticker on your computer. Common graphics cards include ATI, AMD, NVIDIA, and Intel.

2. Right-click an empty space on the desktop, and then click the Settings or Control option that matches your graphics card.

Your graphics card control panel displays.

3. Click the Display, Arrange, or similar option, and then click Multiple Displays, if necessary.

4. Select the display option you want, such as Clone, Duplicate or Extended option.

5. Click Apply or Finish, if necessary.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I didn't see this before I answered before, so let me try your suggestion. Thanks. 

HP Recommended

@Madison615

Thank you for posting back. 

Work on it as per your convenience and keep me posted on the results.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

OK. Thank you. Will do. Beryl

HP Recommended

@Madison615

You are welcome.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.