Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 17 inch laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My laptop freezes constantly and has done so since the day I bought it. HP says the prob. Is Windows 10 and they have known about it but they refuse to fix it for me even tho it is still inder warranty. Now they are telling me that I have to pay again to have the prob. fixed. Why should I have to pay to fix a computer that was obviously screwed up since the day they built it. Now I have an expensive laptop that is garbage to me because I cannot use it.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi@Bullwinkle45, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

HP never asks to pay if its warranty, if 3 party software is causing the problem, will be transferred to HP smart friend.

Freezing issue may happen on the majority software issue 

Uninstall the graphics driver from the device manager and install the latest drivers and BIOS from the links below.

Link to update the BIOS.

Also, update the graphics driver using this link.

You can try updating the drivers on your PC using an HP support assistant.

Refer to this article to know more information about using HP support assistants.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Cannot update, BIOS blocked on this laptop. Uninstalled Radeon graphics driver from device manager. update says not compatable with my system. ???

HP Recommended

Hi@Bullwinkle45,

Check for the BIOS version on typing  system information 

Based on it check and download the BIOS update one by as per the image. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.