Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 17-x022ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello there

I have HP 17-x022ng laptop with Windows 10 (64bit) build in. I bought it 2-3 months ago.

While watching Youtube videos my laptop freezes and makes a constant loud sound, it lasts for about 30-45 seconds and then it goes away and the video continue streaming normally.

that occurs not everytime I watch youtube videos but frequently.

What is the problem? it would be very helpful to get a solution!

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Mohamma92,

Thanks for stopping by the HP community. A very good day to you. 🙂 I reviewed the post regarding issues with Video playback using YouTube. I will be delighted to assist you here. 🙂

Superb description and stupendous diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

First off, to assist you better, I would require more information regarding this:

• Did you try the Windows 10 store YouTube App and check?
  • Did you try different browsers and check again?

As a workaround for now, please install the Windows 10 store’s YouTube app and check if that fixes the issue.

If it doesn’t fix the issue, please try these steps:

• Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand display adapters>then select the display drivers that are listed and right-click on it and uninstall the drivers.
  • Check the box that states delete the software for this device.
  • Then restart the computer and update the bios chipset, audio and graphic drivers from this link: http://hp.care/2tCApnw after selecting the correct Operating system.

Other steps to try:

• Then check in different Browsers if YouTube videos play correctly. 
  • You could reset the existing browser to factory settings and try again.
  • You could download other browsers like Google Chrome or Firefox and check again.
  • This should do the trick for you.
  • If it still continues to act up please follow all the prescribed steps in this Microsoft community link: http://hp.care/2sZkf6I and check if the issue is corrected. This should do the trick for you.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, please.Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat. 🙂

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a terrific week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I just purchased a new HP 15 CD007CA Pavilion laptop no more than a month ago.  I purchased this laptop to use only for watching videos on youtube and watching shows on Netflix and Cravetv.  I am completely disappointed by the HP laptop's performance when watching videos.  It started freezing and making a loud obnoxious noise when frozen.  At first it would freeze for only a few seconds and then continue streaming the video normally.  Now the screen is freezing on a regular basis, first for only seconds, then for much longer when finally it freezes altogether at which point I need to restart the HP laptop.  This only resolves the freezing problem for a short time and the freezing of the screen starts all over again.  A new laptop should not be doing this and it should be capable of streaming videos without problems.  My 4 year old Samsung streamed videos better but it started having volume problems and the battery no longer holds its charge (thus the purchase of the new HP laptop).  I am frustrated to the point that I want to return my laptop to the retail store where I purchased it from.  Does anyone have a solution to my freezing problems with my new HP laptop?  Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.