Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy M6 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A couple hours earlier I was using my laptop fine and once I was done using it I took off my charger out of my laptop and left I just got back on and plug back in my charger but it wouldn't fit, the charger would be stuck and unlike before where it was inserted smoothly my charger wouldn't budge into the jack I need help please.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @SauceyRice,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I understand you are having issues with the Laptop charger won't fit into the laptop jack. Don't worry I'll do my best to help you with this.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you checked for any bent in the pin inside the charging port on the laptop?

Did you check with an alternate charger and see if that helps?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

First thing, I would suggest here is to check for the pins, if they are bent or loose.

If the pin is firm and not loose and still having the issue. I would suggest the next option would be to try an alternate compatible adapter and see if that helps.

Depending on the results, I would suggest you contact our HP phone support so that they can either look for the part replacement or have the unit picked up for repair.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

If I were to call the HP support they could come and pick up my Laptop and fix it for me? And how much would it cost for there support or service? Thanks for the info.

HP Recommended

Hi @SauceyRice,

As I understand you need more information regarding the service. In this scenario, the best person who can help you with respect to this issue, Is by contacting the phone support. They would go ahead and provide you all the information required before setting up the service.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance. 

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problem but with a 

HP ZBook 14u G4 Mobile Workstation

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.