Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi All,

When my battry level goes below 9% and if i plugin my charger, laptop display goes off but still laptop is running and even audio is playing. how to fix this problem ?

model is Envy dv6 and win8 os.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

hi

You need to adjust the power option & actions on low/critical battery.

First, follow this route,
Control Panel\Systems & security \Power Options

OR

You can open power options by clicking battery icon in your system tray bar (near clock) also

In Power Options Menu,click "Change Plan Settings".
Then, click "Change Advanced Power Settings"
There, first you have to first choose your active power option (High Performance,HP Recommended or Power Saver)

below that tab, find and expand the group "Battery" and you should choose what you wish to do when the battery reaches low/critical level and how you want to define the low and critical levels.
For example,if you don't like shutting down when the battery is low, you can choose either sleeping or hibernating and you can define your own limit of low and critical battery levels.

You can change the display setting too to off/sleep. Just look, expand display group -- it'll be there in that list.

Hope this helps, post back if it's not resolved..

thanks,

HP Recommended
how can i stop the screen of my hp laptop from going off everytime i plug in the charger?
HP Recommended

Thank you so much!

My dad had a big problem because of this, he couldn't charge and work anymore, and he needs to work a lot for work.

HP Recommended

answer of this Q required

HP Recommended

if your power plan is set to high performance the screen will stay black until the battery has enough charge to support this mode,.

if you are low on power when you are plugging in the power cord then you need to change the power settings to recommended level until the battery holds enough to change the power setting to high power.

hope this helps someone.

HP Recommended
If you mess with the f4 and f3 buttons it adjusts your brightness and it will turn on without you having to mess with the setting. I have the same problem with mine and tried doing everything as far as messing with the settings. This is the only thing that worked for me so far. Hope this helps.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.