Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi there, 

I have a HP Pavillion g series (Pavillion g6) computer running windows 7. 

Recently, my laptop has started turning itself off when it is not plugged in. The battery is still usually at about 30 - 40% (or so the battery icon tells me) when it turns itself off completly.  It completly turns off and when I try to restart it it starts the black screen with the 'start in safe mode' or 'start windows normally' etc options. 

It's really beginning to frustrate me and I've poured through google and these forums to see if I can find something that might help but thus far, nothing. 

Any help greatfully recieved.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please use the folowing instructions to check the battery:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00821536

You may need to replace the battery.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

Two things you may one to check:

Heat: is it getting hot ? If yes then keep itcoller will help.

Battery: When using AC, does it turn itself off ?

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply! 

When it is plugged in it does not turn itself off, no. It also sits on a 'passive cooler' thingy that sits it up off whatever surface it is sitting on so it shouldn't be getting too hot. I haven't noticed that it gets too warm but maybe I need to keep an extra eye out for that?

HP Recommended

I just pulled the power cord out and tried again and its definitley not too hot. The whole laptop is cool to touch and this time there was still 68% battery. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please use the folowing instructions to check the battery:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00821536

You may need to replace the battery.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

I've done it twice now and both times it has said that its failed - replace battery. Looks like problem solved but still a bugger. Thanks so much for your help.

HP Recommended

Took the door off that covers the memory runs fine no cut offs .Watch for dust build up

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.