09-23-2019 11:35 AM
I have recently updated to the latest windows 10 version 1903 , only after that I have got a new problem , My laptop shuts down immediatly after I unplug the charger even if it has more then 80 percent of charging remaining I tried various methods from internet but still the problem remains.
09-25-2019 01:49 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
- Do you get any error message on your notebook (Such as Plugged in, not charging, etc.)?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8.
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer. If the issue persists, follow the next steps.
Perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant:
- To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
- Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
- And, also run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee