Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Raysha Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My wifi has completely disappeard and no network or wifi devices is recognized by the laptop

Pavilion g6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A few day before the wifi disappers, my laptop had started to lag every few seconds. I tried to find a solution for this problem, but it was of no avail. After the last time I restarted it, it did not recognize any wifi or network. the upper keys have all stopped working, and the screen has become very bright. Moreover, troubleshooting does not recognize any problem.

I'd appreciate any help.

1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16982 1113 1806
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My wifi has completely disappeard and no network or wifi devices is recognized by the laptop

Hi @Raysha,

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand you are no longer connected to the Wi-Fi network, 

Don't worry, though, as I have a few steps to resolve the issue:

To help you better, I would need few more details to provide an accurate solution:

Was there any windows update?

When was the last time it worked?

* I would start with uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers from device manager.

* I would recommend using an Ethernet cable (Wired) and update your Wi-Fi drivers using this link  

* Update the bios by visiting this link or through support assistant using an Ethernet cable.

* Update the graphics card drivers using this link.

* Now try to connect to the internet wireless.

* For further assistance, click here  

Here's a related HP Forum post that seemed to have helped others: Click here

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation