cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
jpebony123
5 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Need help with HP Notebook - 15-ay130nr updates

HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-ay130nrPavilion 6530
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Everyone, I hope that you can help me.

Has my laptop stopped receiving updates because my care package/extended warranty expired in 2020? Is it a victim of forced obsolescence? Is their a problem with HP website or HP Assistant?

My laptop battery notification told me that I was losing charge at 96% on Sunday while plugged in. I spent most of the day calibrating and recalibrating, in hopes that it would help. At 20% or 55% it turned off without warning. When I plugged the laptop back in,  it started to charge, but it was doing so slower than usual. 

After doing some research, I found that I need to change the power plan. If that doesn't work, I should update the BIOS.  I couldn't find the power plan. Where is it? So I decided to check for updates. My HP account said that there are no updates, and stated that the Following Items are No Longer Applicable to Your System and Have Been Removed:

1. HP Notebook System Bios Update (Intel Processors) 

2. HP Wireless Button Driver for CnB

3. HP Hardware Diagnostics UEFI

4. HP Consumer Desktop/Notebook PC ME Firmware Update

5. Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver

6. HP Audio Switch

Worried, because I felt I needed the BIOS, I checked for any updates on my HP Assistant. The Assistant read 0 Updates, and never sent me a taskbar alert to the update. I didn't believe it and clicked on it anyway.  Lo and behold there appeared a hidden/grayed out BIOS update, dated September 6! I installed it, and it seems to have fixed the battery issue, as the charging improved.

I should not have had to go through all of this. If HP is trying to discontinue my computer and its drivers and components, as well as stopping my updates, I would like to know, so that I don't have to spend half my holiday weekend working on this laptop.  If they haven't stopped the updates, is there anything wrong at my end and what do I need to do to fix it? 

Any help will be appreciated. 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation