cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cmeyer
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

New HP Laptop 17-by2xxx - need Explorer 11 and have downloaded it but it doesn't show up.

HP Recommended

I set up my new HP Laptop 17-by2xxx.  I have one program that only uses Explorer 11 and silverlight.  I searched for IE on the new HP but wasn't there so I downloaded it.  The download installed successully, but I cannot find it on my laptop.  Als trying to connect a second screen but have not been successful with getting that to work.  the second screen display says "out of range". 

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
91,031 90,908 11,712 25,076
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Cmeyer wrote:

I set up my new HP Laptop 17-by2xxx.  I have one program that only uses Explorer 11 and silverlight. ..

@Cmeyer 

Both products are NOT from HP,  they normally come with Windows. Please try

https://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=41628

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
30,925 30,832 2,818 6,796
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Cmeyer 

Microsoft has stopped supplying IE and dropped support for it -- insisting that folks use the new Edgeium browser, instead.

Since IE is no longer being maintained, I would also not be surprised if it no longer works.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation