Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 17.3 inch Laptop PC 17-c1000 (4B770AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I just got my new laptop on 1/15/22. It has Microsoft Edge and a Bing search bar pre-loaded. When I try to go to any amazon site page I get the message below. I have tried to access amazon every day since I received my computer. I get this same message when I try to reply to a message through eBay as well as a few other well-known sites.

I downloaded google chrome and made it my default then tried to go to the same places and I get the same messages. I have also tried searching in incognito mode from google without success. Windows updates show everything is updated. 

I don't know what else to do or where to go. I can't find what is familiar to me and am not an intermediate computer person. I know enough to get myself in trouble. 🙃  

How do I correct this?

Please help if you can. 

Thank you

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.amazon.com  (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more 

NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

" ADVANCED " Shows the following Message.

www.amazon.com  normally uses encryption to protect your information. When Chrome tried to connect to www.amazon.com  this time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. This may happen when an attacker is trying to pretend to be www.amazon.com , or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Chrome stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.

You cannot visit www.amazon.com  right now because the website uses HSTS. Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page will probably work later.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@SakotaN

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

While you respond to that, let's try these steps: 

1. Restart your computer.

2. During startup, press F10 repeatedly until the BIOS menu displays.

3. When the BIOS menu displays, press F9 to restore factory default settings.

4. Select Yes, and then press F10 to save changes and exit.

5. Select Yes to confirm.

If the issue persists, follow the next steps.

Reset Internet Explorer settings:

1. Close all open windows and programs.
  2. Open Internet Explorer, select Tools > Internet options.
  3. Select the Advanced tab.
  4. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, select Reset.
  5. In the box, Are you sure you want to reset all Internet Explorer settings?, select Reset.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.