Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Laptop 15-bs080wm #1TJ77UA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am running Synaptics TouchPad Driver 19.5.10.69     Is there a newer driver?    The net shows 19.2.17.59   I tried the download but it is incompatible with my Windows ver. 10.0.19042. I am having mouse pointer issues.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

I see 19.5.35.54 dated Mar 16, 2020 on your notebook's support page...

HP Notebook - 15-bs080wm Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

OK I loaded and installed it but the pointer/curser is still very erratic. Freezes, moves or selects text without touching the pad. I have been told that I need to reset the computer. 

HP Recommended

You may have to resort to that to rule out a software/OS issue.

If it still acts crazy afterward, it could be a hardware issue has developed.

HP Recommended

I have updated to Windows 10.0.19042. I then downloaded Synaptics mouse driver 19.5.35.54. I get a message that this driver is incompatible with this windows version. Could you please find out what version this system should be using? Thanks!

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to help you with that since the driver on your notebook's support page I gave you is the latest one.

I have also checked a few different newer HP notebooks with the Synaptics touchpad, and they all have that driver as the latest one.

HP Recommended

The device manager in Windows 10.0.19042 now shows the Synaptics mouse driver as 19.5.35.54 after Windows tells me it is not supported in ver. 19042. Unfortunately I still have the same problems with the mouse freezing and moving around wildly selecting and enabling icons and text. Some kind of software in this laptop is hijacking the the mouse. I have now tried installing and using every driver listed in the driver menu on this laptop. Some don't work at all, the rest all have the same problems with the erratic curser. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.